Connect with us


After Derby defeat: Gladbach fans riot – Cologne bus damaged



After Derby defeat: Gladbach fans riot - Cologne bus damaged

After Borussia Mönchengladbach lost 3-1 to 1. FC Köln, Gladbach fans vented their anger. A good 200 ultras had gained access to the vehicle fleet, where they wanted to get to the foals’ office. The supporters damaged the Cologne team bus.

During the game and especially after the final whistle, the Borussia fans clearly showed their dissatisfaction with loud whistles. “Hütter raus” shouts echoed through Borussia Park and the Ultras indicated with their arm movements that they would like the players to be right next to the fence so that they could communicate with them. But the players only dared to go to the penalty spot.

This was followed by a rush to the vehicle fleet, where the players park their cars and the teams park their team buses. As sports1 reported, around 200 ultras are said to have tried to penetrate into the cabin wing.

With the help of the police, the security service managed to stop the group, which had already violently entered the forecourt. The team bus of 1. FC Köln was damaged. Among other things, the left windshield wiper was probably torn off. The investigation is ongoing, police said. According to the police, three Borussia officers were injured in the incident after the derby.

Vice President Rainer Bonhof and Managing Director Stephan Schippers are said to have taken the initiative together with the players Lars Stindl, Tony Jantschke and Patrick Herrmann and had a de-escalating effect on the Ultras. Together they managed to calm the fans down. There was applause and they left peacefully.

Overall, the police draw a satisfactory conclusion

Overall, the police drew a satisfactory conclusion of the derby. Preventive measures such as bans on entering the area and a strong police presence have paid off.

Before the game, FC fans had occasionally thrown bottles. A further seven criminal charges were filed for violations of the Explosives Act due to pyrotechnics. Soccer supporters had ignited them both in the pre-game phase and during the game.

Further criminal charges were filed for bodily harm (3), insult (1), violations of the Narcotics Act (2) and property damage (2) to vehicles.