With Nico Schulz and Thomas Meunier, a duo is to leave BVB, another striker has already said goodbye. Sebastian Kehl explains that Borussia Dortmund is prepared for a Jude-Bellingham transfer. There are new rumors about Werder striker Marvin Ducksch. All news and rumors about the black and yellow can be found here.
BVB, rumour: Dortmund wants to get rid of Nico Schulz and Thomas Meunier
There will probably be a lot going on in the BVB squad during the summer break that has just begun: How sports1 reported, Borussia wants to part ways with Nico Schulz and Thomas Meunier and do it right. With Schulz, who is said to earn around five million euros a year, a contract termination is the most likely solution. The left-back’s contract runs until 2024, and a buyer for the 30-year-old could not be found recently.
Right-back Meunier (31) could move to France or Belgium and bring in a few million euros in transfer fees. The Belgian is “maximum dissatisfied” with his role at BVB-Bank, his contract also runs until 2024.
In the past season, Meunier made 16 competitive appearances, Schulz was completely without an appearance.
BVB, News: Sébastien Haller talks about missing the championship
With his missed penalty and other missed chances, attacker Sébastien Haller was one of the unlucky players in the 2-2 win over Mainz 05, which cost Borussia the championship on matchday 34. Now Haller has spoken up.
“I tried to pinch myself to wake up from this nightmare but it’s the reality…” he wrote on Instagram. “We destroyed our dream, your dream, and it’s just too painful to realize.”
But the striker didn’t want to be defeated: “Life is made up of ups and downs and thanks to friends, family and other people I was able to get up again. I thank you for that because without you it wouldn’t be possible. Now we have to focus on the Focus work to make sure we achieve our dream next time.”
BVB, News: Hans-Joachim Watzke had “shitty days”
BVB Managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke spoke at the Europa League final on Wednesday RTL about his feelings after missing the championship. He had “three really shitty days”, but “I’m slowly getting over it”. He didn’t cry, but he saw many people around him burst into tears.
But at the same time, Watzke issued a clear declaration of war: “We will definitely attack next year!” For this it is important to “supplement” the squad and “solve” the task of possible departures. But he thinks a change is wrong. “We would be stupid in the second half of the season,” explained the BVB boss, “the team will basically be there next year as well.”
BVB, News: Signal Iduna boss shoots against FC Bayern
Ulrich Leitermann, CEO of the Signal Iduna Group, which gives the Signal Iduna Park its name, also reported on his feelings after Borussia Dortmund’s playful championship. He experienced “pure disappointment” because he was looking forward to a “huge festival with 250,000 to 300,000 people” all over Dortmund. But “we were well advised not to celebrate beforehand,” he said at a press conference.
He also shot against the champions FC Bayern Munich. He described their championship celebrations on Munich’s Marienplatz as “dismal”. “We would have shown Munich how to celebrate a championship,” said Leitermann aggressively.
He no longer wanted to comment on the excitement about the name of the sponsored stadium. He had previously described it as “unacceptable” to call the Signal Iduna Park by its colloquial name “Westfalenstadion”, as happened during a fan choreo. “It is and will remain the most beautiful stadium in the world, it bears our name and our employees and their families are proud of it,” were his statements on the stadium debate.
BVB, News: Kehl is “prepared” for Bellingham transfer
In an interview with the Ruhr news on Borussia Dortmund’s plans to replace Jude Bellingham should they leave. He made it clear: “One of my tasks is to be prepared for everything. I did that conscientiously and we would react accordingly.” At the same time, he wanted to slow down the pace a bit: “But nothing has happened at the moment”.
Bellingham himself is said to have flown to his native England in Birmingham on Wednesday evening. The Ruhr Nachrichten showed pictures of the 19-year-old with an orthosis on his recently injured right knee. Bellingham did not play in the season finale against Mainz 05 (2-2).
BVB, rumours: Will Marvin Ducksch come thanks to the exit clause?
Marvin Ducksch’s advisor Ersin Akan posted a picture of Signal Iduna Park in his story on Instagram and linked the Dortmund stadium. The consultant from EMG Mundial Sports Media GmbH does not represent any player who is currently under contract with BVB. So it seems to be about transfer talks. Suddenly hectic came into the subject of Marvin Ducksch, because his exit clause at Werder Bremen was supposed to expire on Wednesday.
But that’s obviously not the case Picture now reported. The option in the contract with SV Werder Bremen is valid until June 15, the newspaper writes. But at the same time reports Picture also: The negotiations between BVB and Ducksch should not be hot. Three other Bundesliga clubs – Union Berlin, Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Mönchengladbach – are said to be more interested.
BVB, News: Anthony Modeste says goodbye to Borussia Dortmund
Attacker Anthony Modeste came to Dortmund last August as a substitute for Sébastien Haller from 1. FC Köln. Now his time at BVB is up.
“One eye laughs, one eye cries and in the end I can only say thank you. A stormy and shaky season is now over. We fought until the last minute and gave everything, even if it wasn’t enough in the end. Thanks to the BVB,” wrote the 35-year-old on Twitter.
Modeste continues: “You have made my dream come true of playing the Champions League. It was an exciting time and journey for me that I will never forget. Thanks to my family, friends and everyone who always believed in me and standing behind me.”
Modeste had two goals and one assist in 29 appearances. The highlight was the last-minute equalizer to make it 2-2 against FC Bayern.
BVB, News: Borussia Dortmund II says goodbye to seven players
Borussia Dortmund’s U23 team said goodbye to seven second-representation players on Wednesday. One of the seven players was Werder Bremen striker Justin Njinmah on loan, who will return to SVW. In addition, Niklas Lübcke, Can Özkan, Niklas Dams, Aday Ercan, Marco Pasalic and Timo Bornemann say goodbye to six other players – none of them come from their own youth academy. Everyone only came to BVB for the U23s.