FC Barcelona has apparently made a second offer for Robert Lewandowski from FC Bayern Munich. That reports the Picture-Newspaper.
Accordingly, the original bid of 32 million euros with bonus payments of five million euros was increased to 35 million euros on Thursday. So far, however, the German record champions have not reacted to this.
The Munich should demand at least 50 million euros for the two-time world footballer. In addition, those responsible have so far made no move to let the Pole go in the summer and continue to insist on his contract, which runs until the summer of 2023.
“We’re happy when he shows up on the first day of training,” said CEO Oliver Kahn when introducing newcomer Sadio Mane. With a premature farewell you are “not at all concerned at the moment. He has a contract until 2023, which is always very important to mention,” added Kahn.
In addition, the CEO explained on Wednesday that Manes’ commitment could “trigger something in the other players”. This alludes to a possible rethinking of Lewandowski and Serge Gnabry, whose future is also still unclear.
Sports director Hasan Salihamidzic clarified his point of view in an interview on Thursday sky once again. He is “100 percent” assuming he will stay. “July 12 is his first day at work, I’m expecting him there. But I’m not going to deal with it now because we had other things to do. I think things have calmed down a bit now. We still have a lot to do do.”
Salihamidzic also assumes that the situation with Lewandowski can be repaired again: “I’m convinced he’s a professional and he has big goals in his career.”
Lewandowski: Bayern players are probably going to say goodbye
The FC Bayern players go from a report The Athletic according to Lewandowski’s farewell. Some team members are said to have been annoyed by the striker’s public appearance and would accuse him of “selfish behavior”.
With the result of the extraordinary general meeting last week, Barcelona set the course for the development of new income. The Catalans had agreed on a partial sale (49 percent) of the club-owned “Barca Licensing and Merchandising” and a proportionate sale of TV rights.