FC Bayern Munich has apparently failed with a first offer for Sadio Mane. As the English Times reports, his current club Liverpool FC rejected a package worth almost 29 million euros.
According to this, FC Bayern offered the equivalent of around 24.5 million euros at the end of last week plus any bonus payments of around 4.5 million euros. Liverpool are said to be demanding up to 50 million euros for the 30-year-old attacking player from Senegal. His contract runs until 2023.
Mane considers saying goodbye. “Sixty to seventy percent of Senegalese want me to leave Liverpool? I’ll do what they want. We’ll see soon,” Mane said at a press conference for the Senegalese national team. The answer was a poll by Sports News Africa preceded that those “60 to 70 percent” from the home country of the winger would like to move to another club.
On Sunday, Mane filed the statement. “I joked a little yesterday – and it went around the world,” he said, according to reporter Cissokho Sahel Canal+.
“I think we’ll leave it at that. Liverpool are a club I respect a lot, the fans have welcomed me from day one. As for my future, we’ll see,” added Mane.