Christian Heidel lacks recognition for Mainz 05’s performance on the 34th matchday of the previous season at BVB. Marcel Sabitzer is apparently not convinced by Borussia and an ex-striker from the club is probably moving to Saudi Arabia. The news and rumors from Dortmund.
BVB, News: Christian Heidel demands a fairness cup for Mainz 05 for the game in Dortmund
Although there was nothing more at stake for Mainz 05 on the 34th matchday of last season, they drew 2-2 from BVB in Dortmund and thus prevented Borussia from winning the championship they thought was certain. A kind of reward would therefore be appropriate for Mainz board member Christian Heidel.
Heidel and his team from Mainz “got more in the face in all directions” than there was praise for the team’s performance, Heidel told the other side sky. They “threw everything in again just to bring sporting fairness to the day”. Heidel came to the conclusion: “If anyone deserves the fairness trophy this year, it’s Mainz.”
Heidel admitted that the Mainz team “felt sorry” for BVB, but “the team threw everything in there and decided the championship as a result”.
A few weeks earlier, Mainz had already beaten FC Bayern and helped ensure that the dramatic events on the last day of the game took place in the first place.
BVB, rumor: Marcel Sabitzer not convinced of BVB change
On Tuesday there was a rumor that BVB should be interested in Marcel Sabitzer from FC Bayern. But even if the first talks are said to have taken place, the Austrian does not seem too enthusiastic about the prospect of appearing in black and yellow in the future.
According to information from sky not much has happened in this matter. Instead, Sabitzer prefers the Premier League and apparently also has inquiries from England and Italy.
BVB, on the other hand, still wants to convince Sabitzer of a cooperation, it is said. In any case, Munich’s ideas amount to a transfer fee of 15 million euros plus possible bonuses.
BVB, rumour: Two Saudi clubs on ex-BVB striker Ciro Immobile
It didn’t work out at BVB, but at Lazio Ciro Immobile is still one of the top players and scored 12 goals and 5 assists for the Romans last season. And that in turn makes him interesting for two clubs from Saudi Arabia.
As the Gazzetta dello Sport reports that both Al-Shabab and Al-Wheda are said to be interested in the 33-year-old and have each offered him a two-year contract worth 70 million euros. He is currently said to be taking just four million euros a year in Rome.
His contract runs in Rome until 2026, but he would not be the first Lazio star to move to Saudi Arabia. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has been sold to Al-Hilal for €40m.
BVB: Borussia Dortmund’s friendlies in preparation for the summer