Sports director Hasan Salihamidzic from FC Bayern Munich has responded to isolated statements from advisor Volker Struth. The consultant revealed new details about the dismissal of his client Julian Nagelsmann on Wednesday.
Salihamidzic contradicted Struth on the point that Nagelsmann announced his much-discussed ski vacation and had permission for it. Meanwhile, the FCB management had decided to separate and had already held talks with Thomas Tuchel.
“No that is not correct. I didn’t see Julian again from Monday that week, he came back to Säbener Straße on Friday afternoon,” Salihamidzic explained to the Picture-Newspaper.
There is also disagreement in the negotiations with Niklas Süle about a contract extension before his free transfer to Borussia Dortmund. “I’ve already had other issues with Hasan Salihamidzic like with Niklas Süle the year before and the question of whether they made us an offer or not. Whether it’s enough if something calls over the table or sends something officially – there everyone has their opinion on it,” Struth said in Picture-Podcast “phrase mower” said.
Salihamidzic now countered: “Last year, Volker said on a football talk show that there had been no offer from FC Bayern. It sounds different now, and if we wait another year, we’ll probably be back of one mind.”
Salihamidzic did not comment on the other statements by Struth, who particularly criticized the way the German record champions dismissed Nagelsmann.